I came across this recipe when I was looking for another scone recipe and I thought I’d give it a try. It’s a very simple bundt cake which I adapted from lecker.
- 1 cup & 1 tablespoons (250g) butter, room temperature
- 3 cups & 3 tablespoons (400g) all purpose flour
- 6½ tablespoons (100g) cream cheese
- 13 tablespoons (100g) sour cream or crème double
- 2 cups (400g) sugar
- 4 tablespoons (50g) soft brown sugar
- 5 eggs (M)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Grease and flour a 10 inch / 26cm cake pan.
- Preheat oven to 350° F / 175° C
- In a large bowl cream the sugar, cream cheese and sour cream with the butter, add the eggs one at a time.
- Then add the dry ingredients and the milk and beat just until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar when the cake is fully cooled.
I usually don’t have a lot of luck with getting a cake out of a pan without destroying it, but this one worked out fine.